The date of the founding of this establishment was 1898, and it was already listed in 1899 in the municipal tax register as “Establecimiento de Abacería, de Antonio Artiante, Calle Panecitos nº. 8 y Flandes 1 y 2″
“La Covadonga”, which was bought by Domingo Izquierdo. Izquierdo kept it as the grocery shop in San Lorenzo area and removed the tables and the counter dedicated to wines and spirits.
In 1940, a young man from Peñarroya (Córdoba) called Ovidio Roig Fernández came to Seville to do his military service.
It was only in the possession of the Romero family for a short time; three years later, in 1985, they sold it to its present owner Ricardo Núñez Dorado, who changed the establishment’s name to “Casa Ricardo”